Nelson and Colne College, and Accrington & Rossendale College, have released the below information for school leavers and year 11’s, interested in looking at college as an option next year:
- Late enrollers. We are still enrolling. There is a drop-in session 4-5pm Mon-Fri – or you can book an appointment via myself for a learner also.
- Applicant Data and destinations. We have a report with a list of names available if you wish to see which of your learners applied but did not enrol with us. We would be grateful on feedback from you regarding the destinations of these learners also.
- Data Sharing Agreement. If you have not already sent this back -please can you do so, this will enable us to share the data above and future learner information.
- Save the Date: Thurs 24 September 1530-1600. Meet the School Liaison Team – Live Webinar. The team hope you can join us for a short online webinar where we will introduce ourselves, update you on the latest college news, tell you more about our Schools offer for 2020-21, update you on the prospectus and new application/interview process; aswell as answer any questions. You can also put a name to a face too. The event will run via Microsoft Teams. An invite is going out next week for you.
- New Student Guides. We would also like to share with you our electronic guides for your former Year 11s who have just started their college journey with us – in case you receive any enquiries or have any late comers that are still wanting to enrol. For any such students – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact details and we will be in touch with them.
Nelson and Colne College https://www.flipsnack.com/E5E6FCAA9F7/guide-to-starting-college-ncc-final-vpsgm9przp/full-view.html
Accrington and Rossendale College https://www.flipsnack.com/E5E6FCAA9F7/guide-to-starting-college-arc-1/full-view.html
- Virtual Open Events. This year our Open Events will be Virtual – but with live interaction and communication with tutors and support staff. Students need to register their interest on our websites from today onwards. They will then be sent a link nearer the date of the event allowing them access and with buttons to click on to book on the individual sessions such as skills demo etc
Nelson & Colne: https://www.nelson.ac.uk/events/virtualopenevent/ First Open Event: Mon 5 October 6-pm
Accrington & Rossendale: https://www.accross.ac.uk/events/virtualopenevent/ First Open Event: Mon 28 September 6-pm
Potential applicants will have the opportunity to find out more about our College and the courses available and be able to sign up for live demonstrations and facilities tours, as well as ask our tutors questions about the courses they are interested in.
There will also be plenty of video content for to view and interactive quizzes to take part in.
Open Event highlights include:
- LiveChat with our tutors
- Live skills demos
- Virtual tours
- Course Info and Videos
- Support Q&A
- Case studies
- Principal’s Welcome
- Application support
- ..and more!
A copy of our Open Event Schedule is below:
|Event||Nelson and Colne College||Accrington and Rossendale College|
|Year 11 Virtual Open Event||Monday 5 October||Monday 28 September|
|Year 11 Virtual Open Event||Wednesday 11 November||Wednesday 4 November|
|Virtual Apprenticeship Event||Wednesday 3 February||Wednesday 3 February|
|Year 8, 9 and 10 Open Event||Tuesday 27 April||Wednesday 5 May|