The Alternative School
The Alternative School (known as TAS to most young people) was set up in May 2007 to offer a new and exciting alternative KS4 curriculum for all those young people who are not engaging with main stream education.
This may be due to a number of different reasons, but whatever the reason we will offer every young person that we work with the chance to start again and feel included in an innovative and interesting education programme where we aim to not only build self esteem and confidence but, actively work to improve reading, writing, understanding, Numeracy and I.C.T. Read more about the Alternative School.
Imagine being a young person that just can`t cope with main stream school for whatever reason
And now imagine…
- An alternative to main stream school where you can still obtain qualifications but without all the daily obstacles that seem to make your school life difficult….
- A school that has time to spend with you and get to know you as an individual
- Lessons designed around you, that you enjoy and that fit your individual preferred style of learning
- Lessons that are fun and at your own pace
- One to One time with a tutor who can help you with whatever you may be struggling with
- A school that you look forward to attending every single day and can help you achieve that 100% attendance
- A place where you are listened to no matter what you say
- Somewhere that lots of different abilities come together instead of lots of labels
- A school where you always feel included and where you wont get excluded for having a bad day
- Tutors that understand where you are coming from
- A place that is warm and friendly where you feel comfortable an able to turn up no matter what may have happened the night / day before
- Somewhere you can go and feel valued and respected
- A choice of lessons and activities, so that you can choose the lessons that you enjoy and do well in
- A school without a uniform that doesn`t judge you on how you dress
- An education system that understands we all have good days and bad days, and sometimes you just need that bit of extra space and support
- A new start everyday.. with all yesterday`s issues left behind
Imagine… if this existed.
Want to keep up to date with the latest happenings at TAS? Why not check out our Blog.